Community Learning HUB
What is Community Learning HUB?
The Community Learning HUB is a digital suite of programs that enhances the way life skills are being delivered to youth and young adults. This innovative tool engages the participant through the use of touch-screen technology, leaving both the facilitator and the participants feeling more connected and energized.
Programs offered from the HUB:
- Northern Ontario Substance Abuse Program
- Northern Ontario Anger Management Program
- Cultural Teachings
- Resume Builder
- Trade Up
- Weed Out The Risk
- Financial Literacy
The HUB program can be delivered to a room full of participants, in a workshop setting that utilizes a projector or a Smart Board, or on a one-to-one basis using a Dell 27” touchscreen computer.
The Northern Ontario Anger Management Program has 12 sessions that can be completed in six workshops. Each session ranges from 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on group size and participation level.
- Recognizing anger as an emotion
- Ability to develop self-regulation of emotion
- Help youth to understand the negative effects of aggression and relationship abuse
- Teach participants basic techniques for impulse control, including stopping, calming, perspective taking, and problem-solving
The Northern Ontario Substance Abuse Program has three sessions and can be completed in four workshops. Each session ranges from 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on group size and participation level.
- Establish a common language enabling youth to recognize the most critical information and understandings from within the whirlwind of competing signals in the public discourse on substance abuse
- Help youth to understand that the development of cravings is the critical and unifying harm associated with the use of substances (and/or addictive behaviours) by youth
- Provide youth with supportive, open-ended spaces in which they may express their thoughts and feelings concerning their experience of substance abuse and the impact of substance-motivated behaviour within their lives
Upon completion of any HUB program, the participant receives a Certificate of Completion.