Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation (NALSC) is a unique legal services office that provides legal, paralegal and law-related services to the members of Nishnawbe-Aski Nation (NAN). The Restorative Justice Program is an initiative being undertaken by NALSC to provide an alternative to the mainstream justice system which incorporates traditional Aboriginal cultural components. NALSC is seeking a Restorative Justice Worker based in the Sioux Lookout office.
RESTORATIVE JUSTICE WORKER
Working under the direction of the Restorative Justice Supervisor, the Restorative Justice Worker will receive diversion referrals, organize and facilitate restorative justice circles, submit reports on a timely basis and assist First Nations in the development of alternative justice systems.
- Education and/or equivalent experience in social, justice or law related field;
- Experience with the Euro-Canadian Legal system and knowledge of Aboriginal Legal systems;
- Experience in organizing and delivering training programs;
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment;
- Computer skills required for word processing, email and internet;
- Public speaking skills and excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness to communicate with others about law related and traditional issues;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively;
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle;
Location: Sioux Lookout, Ontario
Salary: Based upon education and experience
Closing Date: January 18, 2019
Please send a resume including three (3) references to Chantelle Johnson, Restorative Justice Supervisor:
Chantelle Johnson, Restorative Justice Supervisor
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
1805 Arthur Street East, Thunder Bay ON P7E 2R6
For more information and a complete job description please contact Jeff Robert at 807-622-1413
Please note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.