Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have the responsibility of overseeing the operations of Nishnawbe Aski Legal Services Corporation (the “Corporation”) and supporting the Board of Directors to ensure the organization is working within its Vision and Mandate.
The Executive Director is responsible for a variety of duties ranging from managing human and financial resources, negotiating for funding and maintaining healthy relationships with the Corporations members, the Chiefs of Nishnawbe-Aski Nation.
- Must possess, at a minimum, a post secondary degree or diploma in the areas of law, business administration, accounting, human resources or other related field.
- Education and/or equivalent experience in the Ontario Legal system.
- Shares similar values to Nishnawbe-Aski Nation communities.
- Familiar with geographical area of Nishnawbe-Aski Legal communities.
- Experience with the Euro-Canadian Legal system and knowledge of Aboriginal Legal systems and experience with Restorative Justice Circles.
- 5 years management experience.
- Public speaking skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to communicate with others about law related and traditional issues.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively.
- Ability to speak Ojibway, Oji-Cree, Cree would be a definite asset.
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Salary: Based upon experience with benefits
Closing Date: January 15, 2018 at 5:00pm EST.
Please send a resume including three (3) references to Hiring Committee:
By Mail: Attention: Hiring Committee
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
Unit 100, 1805 Arthur St E. Thunder Bay, ON P7E 2R6