Community Release and Reintegration Worker
(5) Positions: (1) Cat Lake, (1) Marten Falls, (1) Poplar Hill, (1) Attawapiskat, (1) Pikangikum
This position is 35 hours per week and considered full-time. The program will provide client services, such as: bail supervision, restorative justice and other healing circles, and aftercare services.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree is preferred or the equivalent of two years work or volunteer experience.
- High level of cultural competence, including experience working with First Nations in a northern environment.
- Knowledge of issues affecting First Nation people in the family and criminal law context.
- An appreciation of Canada’s colonial history.
- An understanding of how socio-economic issues, mental health, addictions challenges, and abuse and trauma affect peoples lives.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Strong computer literacy skills and ability to use MS Office Software.
- Fluency in an Indigenous language is considered an asset.
- Network and build strong working relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
- Interview clients, complete assessments and determine eligibility for bail supervision.
- Adhere to program requirements and communicate program outcomes appropriately.
- Supervise bail court orders and provide case management to clients.
- Assist clients in obtaining social, mental health, and well-being services, to reintegrate into the community following a period of incarceration.
- Create individual healing plans, provide referrals, and crisis intervention to clients.
- Facilitate Restorative Justice Circles as needed.
- Maintain confidential client records and complete statistical reports on an ongoing basis.
- Other duties as required to suit community justice demands and needs.
Please send cover letter, resume and three (3) references to:
Mary Bird, Area Director
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation, Thunder Bay, ON
Toll Free: 1-800-465-5581
For more information please contact Jeff Robert at 1-800-465-5581 ext.7074.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.